Authorized SAM Medical Distributor
Buy with Confidence
SAM Junctional Tourniquet (SJT) is designed to control hemorrhages and bleeding in inguinal or axilla areas. Where standard tourniquets may not be applicable, SJT can be applied in under 25 seconds, controlling bleeding and immobilizing pelvic fractures.
The patented SAM AUTOSTOP buckle acts to ensure all slack is removed prior to Target Compression Device (TCD) inflation. Once optimal compressive force is reached, two prongs activate, clicking to confirm correct application. The buckle is secured in place with its Velcro strap.
SJT's Target Compression Device quickly inflates with a removable hand pump or any luer lock syringe, minimizing blood loss. Two TCD's can be used to occlude blood flow bilaterally.
The SAM Junctional Tourniquet is a CoTCCC approved device.
- AUTOSTOP BUCKLE-tactile and audible "click" provides clear feedback, confirming proper application and helping to eliminate slack, while maintaining optimal force.
- PRECISION STRAP- Precisely-engineered holes lock with AUTOSTOP Buckle, allowing for quick application. Secure fastening with sturdy hook and loop system.
- CONTROL PUMP- Removable hand pump inflates Target Compression devices to the precise pressure required to control bleeding.
- TARGET COMPRESSION DEVICE- TCD inflates up to 3.2 inches, controlling bleeding from major inguinal/axillary injuries or traumatic, high-level amputations.
- TCD EXTENDER- Fits over top of the Target Compression Device to provide SJT application for subclavicular anatomy.
- AUXILLARY STRAP- Used to secure upper junctional wounds or three-point harness style axillary applications.
- RADIOLUCENT MATERIAL- All materials are radiolucent, except the buckle's two stainless steel springs, allowing for X-rays and CT-scans without removal.
The SAM SJT #JT400-EN includes:
- 2 Target Compression Devices
- 1 TCD Extender
- 1 Hand Pump
- Auxiliary Strap
- Height: 12 in (30.5 cm)
- Width: 7.5 in (19.1 cm)
- Depth: 4.5 in (11.4 cm)
- Weight: 21.7 oz (615.2 g)
- NSN: 6615-01-618-7475