The upgraded ARS® for Needle Decompression from North American Rescue is used for managing casualties who present with signs and symptoms of a tension pneumothorax. This is listing is for two ARS needles.
North American Rescue incorporated failsafe characteristics into the product design. For example, an easy-open container protects the needle from damage during deployment. Also, they removed the flash cap from the needle system to allow immediate confirmation of placement.
• SEL#: 09MS-02-THOR
• Strong, reliable needle/catheter: 14 gauge x 3.25 in.
• Rugged needle/catheter protective tube
• Easy ID textured twist top with handy clip
• Easy-open container for quick access
• Capless flash chamber for immediate confirmation of needle placement
• Convenient, compact size
• U.S. Patents D595,847 and 001002372-0001, Patent(s) Pending
• Packaged: L 5.7 in. x W 0.7 in. x 0.8 in.
• Needle Size: 14 gauge x 3.25 in.
• Weight: 0.6 oz