Listing is for a Lot of 9 Refurbished North American Rescue (NAR) Generation 7 Combat Application Tourniquet.
These refurbished tourniquets have been salvaged from military equipment and gear returning from deployment. The original plastic wrap on some has faded and others have minuscule amounts of dust in the package. Each one was carefully removed from the original manufacturer's plastic wrap, blown off with 150 psi air, and repackaged. These are genuine North American Rescue Generation 7 Combat Application Tourniquets. The most common blemish found on these tourniquets is a dark smudge on the red tip or discoloration/wear to the direction booklet, none of which degrade the effectiveness of these units. We believe you will be satisfied with our tourniquets as you will be hard pressed to find a North American Rescue Generation 7 CAT anywhere in this condition and at such a reasonable price.
The C-A-T utilizes a durable windlass system with a patented free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A hook and loop windlass retention strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The C-A-T's unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
The patented C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army's Institute of Surgical Research. In 2005, the Combat Application Tourniquet® was selected as one of the Army's top 10 greatest inventions and is recognized as one of the foremost advancements in prehospital care during the Global War on Terror with an estimated 1,850 lives saved.
The C-A-T® Gen 7 boasts a series of requirements driven enhancements to the windlass rod, windlass clip, windlass strap, stabilization bar, and a single routing buckle system.
The single routing buckle allows for faster application and effective slack removal resulting in decreased blood loss and fewer windlass turns to achieve arterial occlusion. It also simplifies training with single protocol directions for all applications.
The C-A-T utilizes a durable windlass system with a patented free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A hook and loop windlass retention strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The C-A-T's unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised. The windlass rod has an increased diameter, for added strength, and aggressive ribbing for improved grip. The windlass clip offers a bilateral buttress that adds strength and bilateral beveled entry to assist with rapid windlass locking. The windlass strap has been sonic welded to the clip for constant contact and the windlass strap of the black version of the C-A-T® has been changed to the color gray for tactical considerations. The stabilization bar has been reinforced, while the beveled contact bar helps to maintain the plate's integrity and decrease skin pinching.
- Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army
- Proven to be 100 effective in occluding blood flow in both upper and lower extremities
- New single routing buckle for faster application, decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns and simplified training with single protocol application standards
- Includes reinforced windlass, stabilization plate, windlass clip and writeable windlass security strap
- Featuring NAR's signature red tip technology elliptical tab providing added visual clues during application
- Reinforced windlass rod with increased diameter for enhanced strength and aggressive ribbing for improved grip
- Bilateral windlass clip for rapid windlass lock and bilateral buttress for added strength
- Enhanced windlass strap changed to tactical gray and sonic welded to clip for constant contact providing safe windlass security and a place to document the application time
- Reinforced stabilization plate with beveled contact bar
- Signature red elliptical tip (Red Tip Technology) provides visual cue during application
- Patented free-moving internal band for true evenly distributed circumferential pressure
- Designed to perform in all weather conditions
- Open Length: 37.5"
- Weight: 2.7 oz.
- NSN 6515-01-521-7976