The Phalanx was one of the first successful low-profile gas masks. It was prominently featured in the Terminator 2 movie when worn by the riot police during the raid of Cyberdyne Systems Skynet building.
A snug and comfortable Hycar rubber Ultravue facepiece with single low-profile canister, designed specifically for law enforcement and corrections personnel against riot-control gases. The Phalanx uses MSA Phalanx filters (7/8th screw thread) only and will not fit NATO 40mm filters. The mask is also distinct in its ambidextrous dual-canister mount, allowing the single required filter to be fit onto either side of the face. The Phalanx was intended for use with a rifle and the dual mount option allows officers to choose which shoulder they want to keep free. Compact size allows easy integration with most visored police helmets.
- Single canister use with a dual-canister mount for weapon firing from either shoulder
- Hycar Rubber® Ultravue facepiece
- Polycarbonate lens, coated on all sides
- EZ-Don Head Harness for quick donning or doffing
- Five-point rubber harness
- Wraparound polycarbonate lens coated on both sides
- Easily disassembled for cleaning and parts replacement
- Standard nose cup helps eliminate lens fogging
- Standard speaking diaphragm included, or add MSA's optional ESP II Communications System
- NIOSH approval (No. TC-14G-0236) for protection against chloroacetophenone (CN), chlorobenzylidene (CS), P100 particulate efficiency level, and particulates
- Effective against OC (oleoresin capsicum tear gas)
- Configured for MSA Phalanx filters only (will not fit NATO 40mm)
- Available new or used and in three sizes: small, medium, and large