Secure skin closure is an integral step of nearly every surgical procedure. If the closure device does not provide the strength and support required by the skin tissue, the wound edges may separate, providing a potential pathway for bacterial contamination, which can lead to infection, suboptimal cosmesis, and low patient satisfaction.
- Intended for topical application only to hold closed easily approximated skin edges of wounds from surgical incisions, including punctures from minimally invasive surgery, and simple, thoroughly cleansed, trauma-induced lacerations
- May be used in conjunction with, but not in place of, deep dermal stitches
- Unique formulation with an easy-to-use applicator for precise control on wide and fine line applications
- Has been shown in vitro to provide a microbial barrier that offers greater than 99% protection for 72 hours against the organisms most commonly associated with SSIs
- When used with sutures, was shown ex vivo to add 75% more strength to the wound closure than sutures alone
- Adhesive will slough off usually within 5 to 10 days
- Adhesive is supplied sterile, in a pre-filled, single-use applicator
- The pen style applicator consists of a crushable ampoule contained within a plastic applicator
- The applicator is supplied in a blister package to maintain the sterility of the device until opened or damaged
**These applicators expire on any month during 2022**
Purchase of some medical devices that may be labeled "Caution" or RX only" requires that the purchaser is a licensed physician or work under the direct supervision of a licensed physician. Ensuring this supervision is the purchasers' responsibility. By purchasing this item you acknowledge/declare that you are authorized and properly trained to use this medical device.