Celox™ RAPID is the fastest acting hemostatic dressing, reducing treatment time and blood loss. It packs faster, requires minimal post-application compression, reduces blood loss and provides greater stability in evacuation compared to traditional products. Celox™ RAPID is proven to stop bleeding independent of the clotting cascade, which is critical to survival in the hypovolemic, hypothermic or anticoagulated patient. Celox™ RAPID gauze can be rapidly applied to a wound within half the time of competitive devices.1 This product has been proven in vivo testing to stop major arterial bleeding by coagulating blood within 1 minute, reducing additional blood loss.1
Celox™ RAPID gauze is suitable for:
- Severe high pressure bleeding
- Arterial and venous bleeding
- Bullet, blast, knife and shrapnel wounds
- Wound packing
- All topical bleeding wounds
- Requires minimal compression time compared to 3 minutes of compression for Combat Gauze. (per instructions for use)3
- Celox™ RAPID is the only hemostatic cleared by the FDA for one (1) minute of compression
- Celox™ RAPID gauze reduces blood loss by 60% compared to Combat Gauze.4
- Celox™ RAPID gauze uses the same chitosan technology as Celox™ gauze, which obtained highest observed survival of 90% versus 70% by Combat Gauze XL™ in US DOD testing.5
- Works independent of the clotting cascade.
- Ideal treatment for tourniquet conversion of prolonged field care casualties
- Utilizes 60% less material compared to Combat Gauze to achieve better results 1,3
- Demonstrates significantly stronger clot formation after treatment at time intervals of 1 minute, 3 minutes and 20 minutes, in comparative testing against Chitogauze™ and Combat Gauze 4
- Improved hemostatic, proven to stop moderate to severe bleeding, even in coagulopathic patients 1
- 5’ Z-Fold packs faster than other 12’ competitive gauzes.1
- Less compression time compared to Combat Gauze2
- Demonstrates decreased secondary blood loss in comparison to Combat Gauze3
- Maintains volume and adhesion to wet tissue during use, helping it to stay in place during evacuation while maintaining hemostasis 4
- NSN: 6510-01-623-9903
- PN: 30-215
- FDA 510(k) Clearance
- 5-year shelf life
- Unit Dimensions
- Packaged: 3.4” x 3.0” x 0.75”
- Deployed: 3” x 5’
- Unit Weight: 1.2 oz
- 100% TAA Compliant
- (1)Based on in vivo testing, data on record at Medtrade[Mechanism of action rapid-acting gauze hemostat. A Hoggart el al. Poster at ATACCC1 FL].
- (2)Reduced Application Time with a Rapid Packing Gauze Hemostat A Hoggarth et al. Poster, ATACCC 2011, FL.
- (3)Testing a new gauze hemostat with reduced treatment time. A Hoggarth et al. Poster, ATACCC 2011, FL.
- (4)Chitosan based advanced hemostatic dressing is associated with decreased blood loss in a swine uncontrolled hemorrhage model, Kunio N et al Am J Surg 2013.
- (5)Rall JM et al. Comparison of novel hemostatic dressing with QuikClot Combat gauze in a standardized swine model of uncontrolled hemorarhage. J. Trauma 2013
Purchase of some medical devices that may be labeled “Caution” or “RX only” requires that the purchaser is a licensed physician or work under the direct supervision of a licensed physician. Ensuring this supervision is the purchasers' responsibility. By purchasing this item you acknowledge/declare that you are authorized and properly trained to use this medical device