This is a lot of two (2) EXPIRED QuikClot Combat Gauze. These units have expired in 2020. The month of expiration for the items you receive will be dependent upon current inventory.
QuikClot Combat Gauze® is a 3-inch x 4-yard strip of z-folded, soft, white, nonwoven, hydrophilic gauze impregnated with kaolin, an inorganic mineral that is both safe and effective in accelerating the body’s natural clotting cascade without any exothermic reactions or use of animal or human proteins.
QuikClot Combat Gauze® contains an X-ray detectable strip for easy identification. Each QuikClot Combat Gauze®, Item #200, NSN 6510-01-562-3325 is packaged in an easy-tear pouch, vacuum sealed and has five year expiration.
In 2008, after extensive testing, the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care (CoTCCC) chose QuikClot Combat Gauze® as the only hemostatic dressing used by all five branches of the US military for compressible hemorrhage not amenable to tourniquet use or as an adjunct to tourniquet removal if evacuation time is anticipated to be longer than 2 hours. Today, QuikClot Combat Gauze® still remains the hemostatic device of choice by the CoTCCC.
- • No shellfish, human, or animal proteins
- • No Botanicals
- • Low-to-no risk of adverse reactions
- • Familiar and easy-to-use format
- • Conforms readily to wound site
- • Less expensive than protein-based products; may reduce the need for additional expensive treatments
- • Stops bleeding faster than standard gauze
- • Promotes clotting within minutes of application